The Joy Formidable is back at it for 2010. They just sold out their first ever headlining US shows and have booked another for Mar. 1 at the Mercury Lounge.
In the meantime, they've loaded up with European dates and have an interesting offer for anyone with a video camera.
"And finally, if you have a way of filming yourself (webcam, camera-phone etc) and sending in your footage, you could be featured in a TJF video. We're looking for people to help us with a new visual for our next single. It's a fun idea, a chance to bring out your inner extrovert and you can do it on your own or with friends. If you want to be involved please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT ”Jiminy Cricket" and we'll send you the details and a place to upload your footage. There's a signed copy of the single in it for you if we use your footage. Visit http://www.youtube.com/thejoyformidable we look forward to hearing from you."
Sun 14 Manchester Ruby Lounge.
Mon 15 Liverpool Korova.
Tues 16 Nottingham Bodega.
Wed 17 Leeds Cockpit.
SOLD OUT Fri 19 Cambridge Portland. SOLD OUT.
Sat 20 Birmingham Academy 2.
Sun 21 Oxford Academy 2.
Sun 22 Brighton Audio.
Wed 24 London Electric Ballroom.
Thurs 25 Southampton Joiners.
Fri 26 Bristol Start the Bus.
Sat 27 Cardiff Barfly.
Mon 29 Northampton Roadmender.
Tues 30 Sheffield Academy 2.
Wed 31 Newcastle Academy 2.
Thurs 1 Wrexham Central Station.
Sat 3 Glasgow Kings Tuts.
Sun 4 Inverness Madhatters.
Mon 5 Aberdeen Snafu.
Tue 6 Dundee Fat Sams.
how about catching up on newsletter stuff from Prosthetic:
- Through the Eyes of the Dead premier a new track on Full Metal Jackie Radio
- The Acacia Strain will debut a newe video on MySpace Metal. "Doctor Doom" debuts tomorrow. The DVD from which it came is out Feb 16 (The Most Known Unknown)
- Landmine Marathon will release Sovereing Descent on Mar 16.
- Light This City has lined up 4 farewell dates in California for April. The band disbanded in 2008, but is giving fans a "proper farewell". the actual dates will be announced soon
- Scorpions will release a final album & tour this year. Sting in the Tail is due Mar 23 on Universal
- Jon Brion will produce the forthcoming Brad Mehldau album, Highway Rider (courtesy Paste Mag)
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter