Unfortunately I can't get you the link for a download of the single (my server only allows up to 10MB per file - working on it), so here's a link to the Bergen band's MySpace page to hear what else they offer.
You might ask what the hell is up with all the foreign born bands that have little to no English in their vocab. To which I'd tell you I have no clue. But what I can tell you is that the shit sells. If you're reading my material, then you're probably at least somewhat like me in that lyrics and vocals don't tell the whole story of a band.
Thus, I give you Casiokids. They're a quintet Norwegian-language pop band who are releasing their US debut - stemning pa lokal bar ("Great vibe at a local bar") on Polyvinyl on June 8 (preorder is up). Previously the Norwegian band has released the album as well as some singles in Europe on the Moshi Moshi label. They apparently began as a keyboard based group, before eventually adding guitar and drums to come up with the 2010 version of 1985, Axel Foley would be proud.
Just in case you like connections, Casiokids were discovered by of Montreal who may have helped get the Casiokids lined up on Polyvinyl.
lots to catch up on today -
- this week from Universal - Lifehouse's Smoke & Mirrors; Various Artists - Almost Alice SDTK, Easton Corbin's s/t, Rogue Wave's Permalight and Jamie Collum's The Pursuit
- Kiss of Death records has a new 12" coming from No Friends
- El Trio de Omar Rodgriguez Lopez has a new album out. It's an 8 track-er available at just $6. There's also a vid to preview it.
- Red Sparowes have a new MP3 out from The Fear is Excruciating, But Therein Lies the Answer due on Sargent House on April 6.
- Stephen Brodsky will release a new album, Here's to the Future on Hydra Head on March 23
- Kayo Dot's Toby Driver interview
- Madison Bloodbath acoustic video
Become a fan of Sonic Dissonance.com on Facebook
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter