Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Joy Formidable has a new home for new releases

Congrats are in order for my favorite unsigned UK band, The Joy Formidable. I first heard the band early last year (when I was still running all my news & reviews off Mog) and the band is still a prime listen for me on my Lala acct.

The good news today is the Welsh band has signed to Black Bell Records (founded by Passion Pit's Ayad Al Adhamy).

per Ayad - "The Joy Formidable grabbed my attention when I first heard the EP. The loud guitars, epic drums and dense textures with lush pop vocals and melodies just stood out from everything else I was listening to. Since then I've been an addict, and so has everyone I have shown this band to." - I concur

A Balloon Called Moaning was the band's debut EP, self-released, it was available for free for some time. Now, it's getting a proper release, due May 4 and should get the band a significantly larger listener base.

I'm guessing you want more -
  • the Verbicide Select Mixtape Vol. 4 is now available and it's free. This time it has tracks from Jenny Owen Youngs, Imaad Wasif, Quasi, League 510, Midnight Masses, Neon Indian, Jookabox, Growing, Toro Y Moi, Little Brother, Garotas Suecas, Pelican and Elliott Smith
  • Owl City will premiere a new video for "Vanilla Twilight" tomorrow
  • This Town Needs Guns tour schedule
  • Red Sparowes talk about their new album
  • Kayo Dot recording new EP, Stained Glass due later this year
edit 12:23 p.m.; see there, i forgot my vid link already


Become a fan of Sonic Dissonance.com on Facebook
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment