Hey Champ will be playing the Mississippi Safe School Coalition's second annual Second Chance Prom in Tupelo, MS May 8.
While BLG's prom special focused on a contest, Hey Champ is reaching out to ending one of the 21st century's biggest segregation issues by playing a prom safe for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students.
The event came about with the help and support of several people helping with funds including Lance Bass, Green Day, The American Humanist Association and Cat Cora. As I understand, all students are welcome regardless of any potential segregational type issues.
The performance will feature Hey Champs material from their new album, Star due July 13 on Townie Records.
From the newsletter vine -
- Natalie Merchant will tour for the first time in 7 years
- More summer/fall dates for The Black Keys
- here's a chance to remix a song with Laurie Anderson
- Taking Back Sunday has new tour dates up - and you can chat w/ Adam & John today @ 4 p.m. EST
- Against Me will premiere a new video for "I Was a Teenage Anarchist" Friday on MySpace. and barring any unusual circumstances, I should have a show review for you tomorrow from tonight's show in Omaha.
Become a fan of Sonic Dissonance.com on Facebook
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter