Although Benni Hemm Hemm's live shows have been known to incorporate up to 35 performers at once, Benni discovered a new affinity for home recording, choosing to strip things down for this new release, rather than make his usual pilgrimage to Sundlaugin, the Sigur Rós studio. With Benni playing the majority of the instruments, in addition to the contributions of Emily Scott (double bass) and Peter Liddle (trumpet & alto-horn), the Retaliate EP, is a collection of five songs which feature knives, gold, lazy pioneers, confident talibans, blood thirsty vampires, Stan-Stan-the-caretaker-man and last but not least blood, lots of blood.
Benni Hemm Hemm will tour Europe this spring and summer, with plans to hit the US later this year.
here's the video for "Retaliate"
Benni Hemm Hemm - Retaliate from Kimi Records on Vimeo.
what more do you want from me?
- Clinging to the trees of a forest fire interview w/ BrooklynVegan
- After Midnight Project will be joining Chevelle on tour for a week beginning tomorrow
- 3 Inches of Blood have kicked off a new tour and will be reissuing Here Waits Thy Doom on June 29 w/ a bonus DVD and 4 new tracks (Century Media)
- Dark Tranquility are returning to North American next week for a tour and the band is promising "the longest, career-spanning Dark Tranquility set list yet"
- Dream Evil is shooting a video for "In The Night" - trailer
- The Haunted has a tracklisting up for Road Kill - trailer
- Heaven Shall Burn have a new track up on MySpace
- Iced Earth signs to Century Media; in related news, Jon Schaffer's Sons of Liberty Project will be released on July 13 titled Brush-Fires of the Mind
- Insidious Disease also joined the Century Media roster and have a couple new tracks up
- Lacuna Coil has launched a round of dates as part of the commercial radio festival summer
- Nachmystium premiered a new song on Stereogum
- Nevermore have posted a new track on MetalSucks
- Orphaned Land tour diary
- new video from Sick of it All
- Witchery has finished their new album due June 29 (Century media)
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter