"It's really important to us to continue our partnership with WhyHunger and offer support in any way we can. It's all about finding new ways to spread the word and raise awareness and this is the first time we've ever done something like this on an album. If one person listens to it and does something to help, we've done our job," says frontman Jacoby Shaddix.
Hillary Zuckerberg, WhyHunger's Director, Artists Against Hunger & Poverty adds, "Artists Against Hunger & Poverty members Papa Roach are taking our exciting partnership to another level. Their efforts will help millions of hungry Americans get the food and services to help themselves and their families."
The band have announced plans for their new album, Time For Annihilation...On the Record and On The Road on August 31st and their move to Top Independent Rock label, Eleven Seven Music. Papa Roach continue to push their musical limits and are currently perfecting a unique hybrid listening experience, which will consist of a mix of new studio and live tracks. With their feet firmly planted in over 10 years of multi-format success, the album's first single "Kick in the Teeth" is sure to ignite rockers globally. The single went to radio yesterday and the video will be premiering soon on VEVO. The band has enlisted Veteran hit-maker David Bendeth (Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, Drowning Pool), to produce the new tracks.
WhyHunger is dedicated to fighting the root causes of hunger and poverty by supporting grassroots organizations that create self-reliance, economic justice and equal access to nutritious and affordable food. Founded in 1975 by the late musician and activist Harry Chapin and current Executive Director Bill Ayres, WhyHunger works to put an end to the hunger suffered by 49 million Americans and more than 1 billion people worldwide. WhyHunger 's main programs include the National Hunger Hotline, 1-866-3-HUNGRY, which refers individuals in need of emergency food assistance to soup kitchens, food banks, shelters, government programs and community organizations in their neighborhoods; the Grassroots Action Network, which provides information, networking opportunities, capacity building and access to more than 8,000 anti-hunger and poverty community organizations across the United States and around the world; Global Movements, which links the organization's domestic work to broader global movements for food sovereignty and the basic rights to food, land, water and sustainable livelihoods; and Artists Against Hunger & Poverty, which is supported by Bruce Springsteen, Carlos Santana, Michael McDonald, Chicago, Earth Wind & Fire, Joss Stone, Darryl "DMC" McDaniels, Jackson Browne, O.A.R., Papa Roach and many others.
For more information on WhyHunger, please visit www.whyhunger.org.
For more information on Papa Roach, please visit wwwpaparoach.com..
- Weezer and the US Soccer Federation teamed up for Weezer's new video for "Represent." THe song was written as a theme for the US Soccer team for the World Cup, and the video is supposed to highlight the US/England match from earlier this month. Word is you can see it here, but it looks like you've got to have msn access - maybe keep your eyes on Weezer's site instead
- Landing on the Moon is releasing We Make History Now on Young Love Recs Aug. 10
- Angelus Apatrida is streaming their entire new album for you
- Architects UK have just finished recording their new album for Century Media (exp due in early 2011) and will be on the Cool Tour this summer
- Insidious Disease has a new vid for "Rituals of Bloodshed" up on MySpace
- In This Moment is doing a track-by-track video descrip for you of their new album
- Nevermore's "Emptiness Unobstructed" video
- and a Sons of Liberty video interview
- Terror is releasing Keepers of the Faith on Aug 30 (EU) and Sept 14 (NA) both on Century Media
- a new webisode from Vampires Everywhere
Become a fan of Sonic Dissonance.com on Facebook
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter