Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Weep premiere new song, album due July 13

I'm a sucker for "recommended if you like" tags (as if you didn't already know that), so show me a band that's for fans of Nick Cave, Jarvis Cocker and Interpol, and you've definitely got my attention.

Here's "Let Me"

I don't really see the Nick Cave comps, not near as gloomy. Musically, I'd say much more aligned with The Cure only with a more subdued vocalist than Robert Smith.

Anyway, the band is called Weep. They're from NYC and will drop their debut, Worn Thin on July 13

in his own words - "I've been creating music my whole life," Doc Hammer states. "I keep going back because it's a challenge. Making a CD isn't easy. It takes your heart and ego and mashes them together into a paste that people pick up and throw back at you. It's not 1978, and nobody does this crap to be a rich rock star. Those days are over. I do it to make something that I love and find beautiful. And I want others to understand and fall for this beautiful thing, then be inspired to go and make their beauty, whatever it is... I don't mind if they just listen to Worn Thin while they clean their bedroom, as long as that bedroom sparkles when they're done!"

and in case you were wondering, Doc is the same Doc Hammer that created The Venture Brothers on Cartoon Network.

Twitter has spoken -
  • Pitchfork has Surfer Blood & The Pains of Being Pure at Heart covering Lit's "My Own Worst Enemy"
  • Foals new record Total Life Forever is streaming through Sub Pop
  • As I Lay Dying is headlining Headbanger's Ball tonight

Become a fan of Sonic Dissonance.com on Facebook
Follow Sonic Dissonance on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment